Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Alternate Future Leopard 2 - Hobby Boss - 82405



 Greetings!

So let me try to explain....one day I had this weird idea pop into my head "hmmm wouldn't it be fun to paint a modern german Leopard 2 like it's WW2 counterparts", and well like you might imagine it took of from there. Since I knew it was possible to  purchase a 1/35 Leopard 2 for basicly free on the interwebs, that's just what I did. I paid the price of simply 12.6€ (16.2$) and in my mind that's quite good value for money.

Overall the set is quite decent and the instructions are also pretty good most of the time, but I did run in to some fitting problems here and there (not a lot though!) but maybe it was just me being impatient (I don't really like the assembling process that much, I just look forward to the painting part :-D ).

So far I haven't that much more than building it, priming it and then laying down a simple sand,brown, green camo on it, but I'm thinking I'll do an ambush pattern on it, so still need a lot of small dots....but that's for future me to deal with.

Let's have some pictures!


Here you can see the finished tank, build straight from the box. I then primed it white and tried my hand with some simple preshading I belive it's called, not something I'd done many times before so was fun, might have gone overboard some places but who the hell cares.




Then I did the Dark Yellow layer, followed by Olive Green and Nato Brown (all from Tamiya). I did try to highlight the camo slightly, so I started out with dark colors and then tried to lighten them, could have been better but again who cares, there's a first for everything.





 Next up is the dots, and then some washes and all that stuff, I'll get to that later.

Stay Tuned for more progress!


2 comments:

  1. looking very good. Looking forward to the final ambush pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too :-D really looking forward to finishing this

    ReplyDelete